Labels

Artwork (32) Assignments (10) Illustrations (9) WIP (5) PORTFOLIO (4) My Life (3) After Dark (2) Me (2) Comics (1) Dreamcrit (1)

Sunday, April 08, 2012







I got the opportunity to go to the opening reception for an exhibit called "Steampunk: The Beginning" at Cal State Fullerton. It centers specifically around novels written by three CSUF alumni, James Blaylock, Tim Powers, and K.W. Jeter with artwork done by visual arts alumni. And I gotta say, it was pretty rad! It was especially nice getting to meet and hang out with Tim Powers, (author of "The Anubis Gates" and "On Stranger Tides" among other things) and talk to him for awhile about books/authors and art.  He's a really sweet guy, I guess he'll be at the Steampunk convention in San Diego next month and he told me to go. I really hope I can, I wonder if he'd recognize me. 

So yeah, super glad I could go to that, it was a great experience.

Fun fact: did you know the term "steampunk" was originated by Jeter in order to have a general word for the works produced by him and his fellow students? The more you know!

No comments: